You can import this calendar in to your mobile device or favorite calendar app by using the iCal address.
2020-2021 School Year
August 17 – 21 Jump Start, a sneak peek at school for incoming kindergartners. Read more about Jump Start.
September 4 First day of school for 1st – 12th grade students
September 7 Labor Day (no school)
September 8 First day of school for kindergarten, all preschool students
October 9 State In-service Day (no school)
November 11 Veterans Day (no school)
November 23 – 25 Elementary conference days (no school for elementary and K-8 students; varies by school)
November 26 – 27 Thanksgiving break (no school) Thanksgiving and Native American Heritage Day
December 18 1-hour early dismissal (winter break)
December 21, 2020 – January 1, 2021 Winter break (no school)
January 18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day (no school)
January 28 Day Between Semesters (no school)
February 15 – 19 Mid-winter break including Presidents Day (no school)
April 12 – 16 Spring break (no school)
May 31 Memorial Day (no school)
June 18, 2021 Last day of school (1-hour early dismissal)
Sharing Dates to Web-Calendars
Click the links below to find the web-based calendar for these dates based on school type that you can share to personal web calendars.
Planning for Future School Year Dates
The CBA 2019-22 (Collective Bargaining Agreement) outlines that the calendar will adhere to the following rules:
- First day of school: The first Wednesday in September.
- State In-service Day: As recognized by the state and typically the second Friday in October.
- Winter break: At least 10 weekdays, ending after New Year’s Day. If New Year’s Day falls or is observed on a Monday, students will return to school on the next day (Tuesday).
- Mid-winter break: President’s Day and the following four workdays.
- Spring break: Five days starting the second Monday in April.
- Snow make-up days: At least three snow days shall be scheduled, including the day between semesters, and the first two days following the last day of school in June.
- Labor Day (when school begins before this day in September)
- Veterans Day (November)
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving (November)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January)
- Presidents’ Day (February)
- Memorial Day (May)