Running Club provides a fun way to teach kids to keep moving in a positive atmosphere. It is held every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch recess on the playground.
Lunch Recess Times 2019/2020:
EVERY student is enrolled! Just show up and run or walk. Students’ miles are tracked for the year with an app. Every 5 miles, students earn prizes.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to come run with their child at recess! Please sign in at the front office.
Volunteers Needed! Come Coach our kids with us, we need your help! We would love your help! The younger kids especially need help finding their cards at the beginning of recess.
- Tuesday, September 24: First Day of Running Club
- Tuesday, October 1: Come Run With Me. Students invite their parent/guardian/neighbor to run with them.
- Thursday, October 31: Harvest Run. Come run and earn a Harvest token.
- Tuesday, December 10: Snowflake Run. Come run and earn a snowflake token.
- Tuesday, February 11: Mile Day-Run a mile and earn a token.
- April 20th-April 24: Every Kid Healthy Week
- Healthy Snack Contest – Create a healthy snack with 5 ingredients without the use of an oven. Winning entries will be simple, nutritious and delicious! The winning entry will be showcased and sampled during lunch.
- Thursday May 28: End of the Season Fun Run. Come run a half-mile course on the playground to celebrate the end of Running Club