Running Club provides a fun way to teach kids to keep moving in a positive atmosphere. It is held every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch recess on the playground.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to come run with their child at recess! Please sign in at the front office.
Running Club News
Here’s your chance to run, walk or move with a professional athlete! Megan Oyster, a defender with the Seattle Reign, will be joining Running Club, on Thursday, November 29th. Come run with your student and Megan during lunch recess out on the playground. Grade K/1 recess 10:45-11:05; Grade 2/3 recess 11:10-11:30; Grade 4/5 recess 11:35-11:55.
- Sep 18: First Day of Running Club
- Oct 1: Come Run With Me. Students invite their parent/guardian/neighbor to run with them
- Oct. 30: Pumpkin Run. Come run and earn a pumpkin token.
- Oct 31: Athlete’s for Hope Welcomes Professional Seattle Reign Athletes Megan Oyster & Beverly Yanez at our school assembly!
- Thursday Nov 29: Professional Athlete Megan Oyster from Seattle Reign FC joins us!
- Tuesday Dec. 11: Snowflake Run. Come run and earn a snowflake token.
- Tuesday Feb.12: Mile Day-Run a mile and earn a token.
- April 22nd-April 26: Lafayette Leaping Leopard Mileage Challenge. Run the most miles in a week by grade and earn a prize.
- Thursday May 30: End of the Season Fun Run. Come run a half-mile course on the playground to celebrate the end of Running Club