Running Club provides a fun way to teach kids to keep moving in a positive atmosphere. It is held every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch recess on the playground.
Lunch Recess Times 2018/2019:
EVERY student is enrolled! Just show up and run or walk. Students’ miles are tracked for the year with an app. Every 5 miles, students earn prizes.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to come run with their child at recess! Please sign in at the front office.
Volunteers Needed! Come Coach our kids with us, we need your help!
- Tuesday Sept. 18th: First Day of Running Club
- Tuesday Oct. 2nd: Come Run With Me. Students invite their parent/guardian/neighbor to run with them.
- Tuesday Oct. 30th: Pumpkin Run. Come run and earn a pumpkin token.
- Tuesday Dec. 18th: Winter Run. Come run and earn a snowflake token.
- Tuesday Feb.12th: Mile Day-Run a mile and earn a token.
- April 22nd-April 26th: Lafayette Leaping Leopard Mileage Challenge. Run the most miles in a week by grade and earn a prize.
- Thursday May 30th: End of the Season Fun Run. Come run a half-mile course on the playground to celebrate the end of Running Club
For more information on our running club please contact Aimee Corr, Lafayette PTA Health & Fitness Chair.