The Communications Chair is appointed by the PTA President. The term lasts from July 1 until June 30th.
Job Description. The Communications Chair will work with Lafayette volunteers, parents, students, staff, and the Lafayette community and will oversee all of the public communications for the Lafayette PTA. Duties and skills would include, among others:
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Work with other PTA Board Members to plan key communication dates.
- Assign duties to important volunteer positions (coordinators).
- Drive the PTA’s communication timeline.
- Review all current and recurring PTA communications.
- Respond in a timely manner to staff and volunteer coordinator communications.
- Provide periodic reports to the PTA Board regarding communication status.
- Develop strategies to improve the Lafayette PTA’s communications.
Qualifications. The Communications Chair should:
- Have strong writing, editing, proofreading skills;
- Be generally available by email and cell phone most of the time;
- Be detail oriented, with strong organizational skills;
- Have a flexible enough schedule to be around before and after school frequently in order to meet with instructors, parents, and school staff; and
- Be a member of the Lafayette PTA.
Time Commitment. 8-10 hours per week.
For Consideration. Please send an email indicating your interest to the Lafayette PTA Board at email@example.com