Welcome to the Lafayette Elementary School community! This is a very exciting time for you and your kindergartner. There is a lot of information to disseminate in the beginning of the school year and we hope to ease any stress you may have during your transition to school.
Key Links (2019-2020)
- Advanced Learning Parent Referrals
- 2019-20 Registration
- Students Not Attending Lafayette 2019-20
- The Source
- SPS Text Notifications
- Student Verification
- School Lunch Information
- School Transportation
- School Supplies
- Join the PTA (Membership Drive Open in the Fall)
- Become a Volunteer
- Volunteering at Lafayette
- Register for PTA email
Important Dates (2019-2020)
- Summer Play Dates. These informal play dates are held on the Lafayette playground and are hosted by the PTA. It is a great way to meet other incoming kinders and their families as you start your journey at Lafayette. It is also an opportunity to learn more about our school, programs, and get information about how to get involved.
- Saturday August 17th at 10am
Tuesday August 27th at 5pm
Saturday September 7th at 10am
- Family Connection Conferences. This is an opportunity to meet and ask any questions you might have of your child’s teacher prior to the school year beginning. You will be contacted directly by the school/teacher to schedule a mutually convenient date/time. These meetings usually take place during the first week of school (the week of September 2). Keep checking the site for updates.
- September 3 , 5-6pm, Back to School PARTY. Join us for a FREE dinner and all-school play date before the school year starts. Meet + greet your teacher, visit with old friends and make new ones. See you on the playground!
- September 9, First Day of School for Kindergarten. Kindergarten starts a week after Grades 1-5. Usually when the bell rings, students make their way to their classroom from the playground. Anxious kinders and their parents will receive specific instructions from their teacher on how they would like this procedure to work for their class. You are of course always welcome to walk with them to the classroom until they get they hang of it. Pick up for kindergarten is in the Garden (outside above the playground). Teachers will walk their class to the Garden, generally 5 minutes before the final bell rings. School Hours: 7:55 a.m. – 2:25 p.m.
- September 9, Tea & Tissues. After your drop-off of your kindergartner, make your way to the school cafeteria for our annual Tea & Tissues to meet with other parents, PTA members and our school principal, Ms. Cindy Chaput to share in some coffee, pastries and conversation.
- Lafayette is not participating in the JumpStart program for 2019-20.
- Postcards are mailed out by the school in August of student class placement. Class lists will also be posted in the front window of the school. Check your emails or the website for updates.
- Kindergarten drop-off is on the playground. Pick-up is in the garden.
- Rainy day drop-off is in the cafeteria.
- Attendance: Email your teacher and Selina Jackson in the front office or call (206) 252-9502.
- If you are interested in volunteering in or out of the classroom, please remember to fill out the appropriate paperwork and turn it into the front office, SPS Volunteer Application.
Join Our Community. There is no better way to connect to our Lafayette community than to join the PTA. The Membership Drive opens in the Fall.
Why Join? Children Benefit • School Benefits • Make Connections • It’s Good For You
What Do We Do? PTA provides educational enrichment • PTA supports our school • PTA communicates • PTA builds community
While our goal is to have 100% participation of teachers and parents in the PTA we understand that it may not be for everyone. Another way to stay informed about what is going on at school is to sign up to receive PTA emails. You do not have to be a PTA member to volunteer for events or to receive PTA emails.
Again, we welcome you to Lafayette Elementary! We look forward to building and supporting our school community together with you all.
LAFAYETTE ELEMENTARY PTA