The Lafayette Enrichment Program provides students access to a diverse range of quality after school educational and recreational opportunities.
Enrollment is open to all Lafayette students regardless of race, gender, abilities, religion or finances.
The Lafayette PTA are committed to providing Enrichment classes that help explore our student’s interests outside of the classroom. The PTA offers scholarships to help cover the cost of the programs offered, because we believe that every child who is interested in STEAM and/or Physical Activities, should be given the opportunity to participate. These scholarships are our gift to honor our commitment to the PTA motto of Success for EVERY Child.
- Because we have limitations on the amount of funds available, we ask that you consider your situation individually. If, at this time, you are unable to pay for a class, please apply.
- We do offer half-scholarships if you have the ability to pay a portion
- Students are eligible for one class scholarship
We have volunteer scholarships. If you’d like to have two scholarships for your child, consider volunteering in a class. As part of your role:
- You must be able to commit to 1hr 15mins/week;
- You will assist instructors with snack and take attendance;
- Tidy cafeteria once class has begun;
- Float between classes; and,
- Open front doors for parents at the end of class.
If you would like to volunteer, you would receive two free classes – one of which will be on your volunteer day, the other a little extra for your time!
If you are requiring a scholarship, or would like to explore your options further, please email the Enrichment Scholarship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL SCHEDULE, 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- Fall 2019 session: September 23 – December 6, 2019 (Make-up week: December 9-13, 2019).
- Registration dates: September 9-20, 2019
- Winter 2020 session: January 6 – March 20, 2020 (Make-up week: March 23-27, 2020)
- Registration dates: December 5-15, 2019
- Spring 2020 session: March 23 – June 5, 2020 (Make-up week: June 8-12, 2020)
- Registration dates: March 13-20, 2020
There will be no classes held on school holidays, early release days, or weather closures and late starts. If there are scheduled black-out dates, vendors will show these days in the enrollment section in Homeroom.
If you require assistance for your student(s) in the classroom, please email the Enrichment Coordinator before enrolling so that we can make sure your student(s) needs are met. Our PTA is committed to ensuring all students have access to our programs.
|All Sports with 1on1 Basketball 2:30-3:30 Grades 2-5||Bricks 4 Kidz- A Pirates Quest 2:30-3:30 Grades K-5||Floor Hockey 1:15-2:45 Grades 2-5||Boom Hip Hop TM 2:30-3:30 Grades K-5||After School Sports 2:30-3:45 Grades 1-5|
|Animal S.T.E.A.M. 2:30-3:30 Grades K-5||Fashion Club- Candy Land! 2:30-4:00 Grades 1-5||Mandarin 1:15-2:15 Grades K-5||Chess Club 2:30-4:00 Grades 1-5||Geography 101 2:30-3:30 Grades K-5|
|Comic Art & Mural Design 2:30-3:30 Grades K-5||Indoor Soccer 2:30-4:00 Grades 3-5||Piano- Keyboard Club 1:15-2:15 Grades K-5||Minecraft 2:30-3:30 Grades 2-5||Robot U’s Jr. Robotics 2:30-3:30 Grades 1-5|
|Green Team 2:30-3:30 Grades K-5||Jump Rope 2:30-3:30 Grades 1-5||Sing Out Seattle- Finding Nemo 1:15-3:15 Grades 2-5||Unicycling with Mr. Cudney 2:30-3:30 Grades 1-5||Unicorns and Rainbows - Trendy Crafts 2:30-3:30 Grades K-5|
|Printmaking 2:30-3:30 Grades 1-5||S.T.E.A.M. Camp 1:15-2:30 Grades K-5|
|Super Science 1:15-2:15 Grades K-5|
Students will go to the cafeteria at the end of school, where they will have a snack and attendance will be taken. Please pack a healthy snack for your student(s). Vendors will collect their students from the cafeteria and take attendance before for the start of their classes at 2:30pm. Winter classes start on January 6th and run until March 20th. Make-up classes will be scheduled for the following week of March 23-27th 2020. A schedule of classes is available here on the Course Description Page.
Please note the class end times on the table above. Prompt pick up is required for all classes.
Registration takes place online only. If you do not have online access, please contact the Enrichment Coordinator (email@example.com) to arrange an alternate method to register your student(s). There will be paper copies of the program available from teachers by Wednesday December 4th.
Registration is done via Homeroom – an online after school enrichment portal where you can enroll, purchase and manage all your student(s) classes in one convenient location. If you already have a Homeroom account, all you have to do is login to book classes. If you do not have an account, you’ll only have to sign up once and your student(s) profile will be saved for future sessions. Note: Enrichment course offerings can be viewed on the Homeroom site in advance, however, classes cannot be added to your cart until registration goes live at 6:30 PM on 12/5.
ENHANCED CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE: Based on feedback from prior enrollment sessions, Homeroom has released a new, enhanced check-out experience. Please check out this new video on how to enroll for classes. This upgrade will ensure that parents can load the site faster and enroll for classes seamlessly. While you will still be able to view the course schedule and details anytime from the main page, you will now need to login first to purchase classes. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. So go ahead and login early but please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on “Add” button. NOTE: Please do not refresh the page as this may impact your user experience.
WAITLIST FEATURE: Classes will automatically close once capacity is reached. If a class is in another person’s cart, you will be prompted to join the waitlist in order to be automatically added to the class if a spot becomes available. If the class is full, select the “Join Waitlist” button to add your student(s) to the waitlist. You will be notified by email if a spot becomes available and have 24 hours to confirm whether or not you want to enroll in the class.
DISMISSAL OPTION: During check out, you must assign a student to each class and select a Dismissal Option before you can “Confirm and Pay.” If your student attends Aftercare or normally rides the bus home after school, please be sure to select the correct dismissal option so that we can make sure they get where they need to be on days they are enrolled in an enrichment class.
SCHOLARSHIP POLICY: To request a scholarship, please email the Scholarship Coordinator before registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for a class without payment. There will be either one (1) or two (2) PTA scholarships per class. The scholarships will be granted on a first come-first served basis. Please be aware that the deadline for scholarship applications is Friday, December 13th at 5:00 PM.
PAYMENT POLICY: Starting this year, payment is required at the time of registration in order to book courses. Payment is accepted by debit or credit card only. If you wish to pay by Cash or Check, or need an alternate payment schedule, please complete the Alternate Payment Request form (link to Wufoo page) before registering to receive a code that will allow you to enroll your student(s) for classes, and make payment before classes start. Receipt of monies to be accounted for by Friday 10th January @ 5pm. If payment has not been received by this time, your student(s) enrollment may be forfeited. If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Enrichment Coordinator. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you cancel registration 48 hours before the season begins, you may receive a full refund (minus the registration fee). If you cancel within 48 hours of the start of session, or during the session, there will be no guarantee of refund.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Enrichment Coordinator (link to email).
Handy Tips on Booking Classes with Homeroom
- We highly recommend that you create a Homeroom account and enter your student(s) profile and payment information before enrollment opens. Once enrollment goes live, all you have to do is add the classes you want to your cart and check out!
- Login to your Homeroom account prior to enrollment. You can still view classes regardless of whether or not you are logged in, however, to be able to book classes you will need to login first. Once you login, the “Add to Cart” button will be visible, however, you will not be able to add any classes until enrollment opens. Please be patient and wait until 7 PM to click on the “Add” button. NOTE: Please do not refresh the page as this may impact your user experience.
- While you should enroll early for best class selection, there is no need to panic or rush because once a class is added to your Cart, it’s yours for 25 minutes! This should allow plenty of time for you to select all the classes you want and check out within the 25 minute window.
- Due to the large number of classes being offered, I recommend using a computer to enroll as it may be difficult to easily view all the class options on your phone. NOTE: While Homeroom supports all internet browsers, it is optimized for use on Chrome and Firefox.
- If you have questions or need help at any time, please contact Homeroom Support directly. I highly encourage using the Chatbox (located in the lower right hand corner of your screen) as their team will be closely monitoring enrollment and can assist you live. They are very responsive to Chat and usually respond within minutes! For less time-sensitive requests, you can send them an e-mail at email@example.com.
How do I create an account on Homeroom? To create an account, visit the Homeroom home page and click the button that says “Sign Up” in the top right corner. This 1-minute video shows you how to create an account and add students to your profile.